Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Great American Eclipse - Tuesday, August 22, 2017

What a difference a mattress makes! Wonderful sleep after an exciting day.  Up this morning at 6:00, joined Dick and the dogs for some coffee and packed up the car.  Around 8:30 I said my goodbyes and thank you to Beth and Dick, bid farewell to Karen and Dell, and headed out of Kearney (actually Riverdale) and headed back towards Omaha.

Once again I started up the Donna Leon audio book and cruised down the highway.  I took a detour in Lincoln and found the Backyard Farmer Garden.  My initial impression is that it is much smaller than it appears on TV.  The All American Selection (AAS) area was very interesting, showing all the wonderful selections that grow well in the area.  The vegetable plot is small and includes a lot of produce in a very small area.

I then wandered around East Campus a bit and headed back to my car.  As this was the second day of classes, parking was impossible.  I ended up parking across Holdredge Street and walking from the pizza restaurant.

Back on the road, I spent the last hour of my trip listening to the novel and watching out for trucks.  A pleasant day with nice weather.  I was home shortly after 1:00 for a lovely trip to see the great eclipse. 

My overall impression was that it was well worth the time and trouble, it was great to meet new people and it is something I will never see again in my lifetime.  My only regret is that Deb was not able to join me. 

June 13-16, 2024

Thursday morning we arose at a reasonable time; Abigail logged into work and Deb & Mark each took turns in the shower. This time a grani...